Seeking a unique, oh-so-nutty dessert to satisfy your sweeth tooth? Indulge in these Chocolate Nut Butter Volcano Cookies, and your world will never be the same. This delectable recipe is brought to us by Sunspire , a company committed to social responsibility and making a positive impact on our planet. Don't waste another moment - try your hand at this Fair Trade recipe today!
Chocolate Nut Butter Volcano Cookies
- 4 oz SunSpire™ Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Bar , broken into pieces
- ½ cup sweetened evaporated milk
- 1½ tsp Fair Trade Certified vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups organic unbleached white flour
- ¼ tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 stick plus 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup almond or peanut butter
- ½ cup Fair Trade Certified Organic Brown Sugar , packed
- 6 tbsp Fair Trade Certified Organic White Sugar 
- ¾ tbsp Fair Trade Certified vanilla extract 
- 1 large egg
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler placed over simmering water. Whisk in the vanilla and milk until well blended. Set the lava aside.
Preheat oven to 350 ˚F. Line several baking sheets with parchment, or spray them with Spectrum baking spray.
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
In a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, nut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1½ minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and beat until blended, about 1 minute. Add vanilla. Fold in flour mixture, and mix on low until just combined.
Measure out heaping tablespoons of dough onto prepared trays, roll them into balls, and place them two inches apart. Using your thumb, press a deep indent into the center of each ball, and fill with lava.
Lightly pinch the opening of each ball together just to contain the overflow.
Bake in oven for 16-18 minutes. Cool slightly on sheets, and devour warm. These can be stored in the freezer for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before eating.